Science fiction is the genre of change. There can be any number of SF plots, and a dizzying array of SF themes, and plenty of themes, but the genre is almost definitionally about the status quo collapsing and something new taking its place. History will never end, and the future lasts forever.
Change is most dramatic when it’s radical—when it starts at the very root of society, or what we know about science. The Radical SF Bundle collects stories that explore these roots, and pull them out of the thematic ground. The only constant is flux, the only guarantee is that nothing will ever be the same again.
Amazingly, these radical visions have also proven to be predictive. Cara Hoffman’s Ruin presages the world events filling our screens and thoughts right now. Meg Elison’s almost supernatural weight-loss pill is available for prescription from your local physician. James Patrick Kelly’s Burn is about a planet aflame, and for sale. And these tales are just the beginning. There are multiple utopias of the future…and the past, shocking short fiction, outspoken interviews, and much more.
Ready to change the world? Buy the bundle, and support the border-hopping health charity Médecins Sans Frontières while you’re at it! – Nick Mamatas
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in .epub format—WORLDWIDE.
- Big Girl by Meg Elison
- Unity by Elly Bangs
- Burn by James Patrick Kelly
- The Best of Michael Moorcock by Michael Moorcock
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus eight more books for a total of 12, with a StoryBundle Exclusive!
- Talk Like a Man by Nisi Shawl
- RUIN by Cara Hoffman
- You Might Sleep by Nick Mamatas (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- The First Law of Thermodynamics by James Patrick Kelly
- Utopias of the Third Kind by Vandana Singh
- Falling in Love with Hominids by Nalo Hopkinson
- Pirate Utopia by Bruce Sterling
- I Live With You by Carol Emshwiller
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get a DRM-free .epub for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Doctors Without Borders!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, tweet us at @storybundle and like us on Facebook. For press inquiries, please email [email protected].